- What’s your favourite pair of shoes?
This is a strange question. It’s between my black new balance street shoes or the brown leather men’s jandals I bought. All about the comfort!
- What’s your favourite season?
Summer! I love going for hikes, fishing, swimming, random walks and just being outdoors and it’s so much nicer when the weather is warm to do those things.
- What’s your favourite quote?
‘We’re all mad here.’ Lewis Carroll. It’s simple but I often feel like I’m not like everyone else and that I’m just pretending to be a functioning member of society. This quote makes me feel like I’m not alone in this and that we’re all pretending.
- How are you currently feeling?
I’m really stressed out at the moment. I’ve just handed in two assignments but still have a short film, my Masters proposal and an exam to study for all before next Saturday. I probably shouldn’t be wasting time on this actually.
- Who was the last person you messaged?
Jordan, my fiancé. The message is a video I took of him dancing unaware and me saying “muahahahaha”.
- Are you single or taken?
Yes, see above.
- What are you currently eating?
Nothing, but I did just have cookies and cream ice cream an hour ago.
- What are you currently listening to?
A little embarrassing but I’m obsessing over the new Justin Bieber song ‘Sorry’, it’s the first song I’ve liked of his. I just feel like I’m too old to be a belieber.
- What are you currently thinking about?
My Master of Creative Writing proposal. I have to pitch an idea for a piece of creative writing that will be my thesis on one page. Sometimes it can be really hard to articulate exactly what it is you’re trying to say.
- What are you currently watching?
The last thing I watched was ‘Suits’, it wasn’t very good.
- What are you currently wearing?
Denim cut off shorts and an over-sized grey men’s cardie.
- Do you want children one day?
Nope, not part of my fiancé and I’s plans. We do plan on getting some more fur babies though.
- Do you want to be married one day?
Yup. On the list of things to do.
- Where do you want to live?
Somewhere warm and coastal. Not too fussy though.
- Do you believe in god?
Nope, no hate. I’ll do me and you do you.
- Do you believe in miracles?
Miracles are usually assigned as acts of God, so no, not in the traditional way. I do think that amazing things happen when you least expect them and need them most.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. I believe in lust at first sight but I just feel like in order to love someone I need to know so much more than what they look like.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
Not during the day, but when I’m home alone at night I believe all sorts of scary stuff. My imagination is not my friend.
- Do you believe in Aliens?
I think that would be cool.
- Do you believe in Soul mates?
Yes, but I believe we all have more than one “one” if that makes sense.
- Do you believe in Heaven or hell?
Nope, kind of covered under the whole “God” thing. I believe that once we die we die. I like to think that my loved ones are watching over me but I know that the feeling I have is just their memory.
- Do you believe in kissing on the first date?
Yes, why not?
- Do you believe in yourself?
Sometimes. Depends on what day you catch me.
- Do you sing in the shower?
I don’t just sing, I perform.
- When did you last laugh and what was it at?
My fiancé were having a giggle whilst driving today. Just about silly things that happened a few years ago.
- Where was the last place you travelled?
Any travel it would be to Napier to see the family, otherwise last trip was to Dunedin for a wedding in March.
- Would you go skydiving?
No, I’ve been bungie jumping and I cried for ten minutes before throwing myself off the ledge. That is not fun for me. My biggest fear is heights.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
I would love to go to America to do some massive shopping. My last big trip was all art, museums and relics so I would like to do something different. Or somewhere really hot so I can just lie on the beach reading and drinking.
- If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
Buy a house, set it up, go travelling and when I get back buy a dog. Easy to please I am.
- Can you whistle?
Nothing special but yeah.
- Can you speak another language?
No, I wish I could. When I was little I learnt Italian but I lost it all when I moved back to NZ.
- What’s most important in your life?
So cheesy but my fiancé, family and friends. They’re irreplaceable and you can’t put a price on someone’s individual impact on your life. Yes I could get a different fiancé and friends but these are the people I have chosen. They are my people. Oh and my cat, she’s awesome.
Feel free to ask me any questions and I will answer them in my next get to know me segment. These questions were just from a list under the “Get to know me” tag.